I'm back and SUB 200lbs! Yeah baby!!! I'm 199.5 but it's below 200 so that's all I care about for now. Thank goodness I nearly starved to death on our trip so I could break that 200lb barrier. LOL You know that's not true....
Yesterday, I started an exercise routine although it wasn't the one I originally intended. See, we have an elliptical trainer, a treadmill, and a Sears version of the bowflex and we use none of them. But my husband won't let them go because, I guess it's kind of like women and their skinny clothes. One day, you might be able to use them again. Yesterday was that day for me. My intentions were to get on the treadmill for 30 mins and ease back into a routine but the stupid thing wouldn't work so I had to get on the elliptial trainer instead. Man, I frickin' hate that thing. It's really, really, hard for me to use for two reasons. One because it's just tough. Two because it's missing the plastic pads that your feet rest on so I spent the 7 minutes on it trying to keep from falling off and getting injured. I think today I'm going to check out my extensive library of exercise DVD's and do something aerobic that way. It's less likely to maim me.
Eats-wise, things have been going pretty well. I made chicken last night which I sauteed in coconut oil which is supposed to be the "new healthy" oil. I'm not a big fan because in spite of reading that it doesn't give off a funny flavor, it really does. I'm going to stick with olive oil, thank you very much. I also made creamed corn which was delicious. Have you ever made that? It's so easy! Here's what I did.
3 ears of corn
1 TBS butter
milk
cornstarch
Take a knife and cut the kernels from the corn into a bowl, reserving all of the milk given off of the cob. Also, be sure to scrape the cob down really well to get as much milk as you can off the ear. My corn was a little too old for this which is why I had to use milk and cornstarch. Over medium heat, add 1TBS butter to a pan and melt it, then add the corn kernels and corn milk. Remember, if your corn gave off a lot of milk you may not need the cornstarch. You want to cook it over a medium-low heat until it starts to thicken up. If it doesn't do this, then make a slurry of 2 tsps of cornstarch and 3/4 cup cold milk and add to the corn. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste and cook for a total of 20-30 minutes. It's really delicious when you use very fresh corn.
I steamed some broccoli and served it along with the chicken and corn. Tasty!
Right now, I'm following the WW points program but as soon as my 3 months are up, I'm not going to continue using it. If I keep this as my journal, then I don't see the need to continue paying for WW's. I KNOW how to eat right, it's just a matter of actually doing it.
I know I haven't posted any photos of food yet and I'm sorry about that. These blog posts are like dry bread without photos so I will try and fix that this week. I've just been lazy about it, frankly.
Well, I hope you had a wonderful 4th holiday!! I got my hot dog on and that's always an important part of the 4th for me. :) Stay tuned because this week, I'm going to try and make green bean casserole from scratch without using flour. Woo Hoo!!
4 comments:
That is fantastic Evie!!! You are doing so great! I need to get back on track too. I'm so proud of you for going out of town and still managing to get under the 200lb mark!!! Keep it up. I need the inspiration.
Hey, congratulations! They say weight is nothing but a number (much like age, yo) but it's still an awesome feeling to see those numbers heading in the right direction!
Thanks y'all! It felt so good to see that number on the scale. It's totally a mental thing, ya know?
Way to go!!! I am so proud of you for breaking that mark. That is my goal also. I want to break that mark, but I have a ways to go.
I now try and workout daily to a walking video. I still cannot do high
intensity workout due to my knee. But I am starting to strengthen that daily with knee lifts. I want to do kickboxing and that isn't a good combination with a busted knee.
Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment