I have not been feeling well, friends. In fact, I have been feeling so yucky that I went BACK to the doctor, again. This time, I requested a woman because I was really feeling like no one was listening to me and I'm glad I did that because things have been much better since I did that.
You know what the diagnosis is? I'm fat. Yep, I've GOT to lose some weight. A lot of my issues can be connected to my overweight state. For the time being I'm on Prilosec for acid reflux, the reflux has been causing my breathing problems evidently. She also suggested a sleeping pill, exercise, and a healthy diet. As you will remember, I was associating my problems with a possible allergy to wheat but I can tell you, based on my experience over the last couple of days that I don't think I have an allergy at all. I felt amazing today and expect to fell better as the days progress.
I suspected that my weight was part of the problem but it took a visit to the doctor to confirm it. I'm lucky. My weight hasn't caused my blood pressure to be high but I don't want it to get to that point. As a result of my visit to the doctor, I have decided to make another change here. Every week, I"m going to post my menu ideas here for each meal. I will document one in photos every day and share nutritional info when I can. My plan is to use recipes from Cooking Light, Rachael Ray, and Dr. Will Clower's books, as noted in the sidebar. When using a recipe, I will provide a book title or internet link when available so you can follow along with me if you like!!
Tonight, I'm going through a stack of cookbooks on my coffee table to prepare my menu for the week. Sorry about the prolonged absence I just wasn't feeling well enough to post here for the last few days. Come back on Saturday as the menu should be up by then!!
5 comments:
I love Cooking Light and am part of a Cooking Light Supper Club, so we try tons of recipes! Let me know if you want some reviews or recipes!
OK, couldn't resist! Here are some favorites:
Turkey and Wild Rice Soup: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=424077
Carolina Pulled Pork with Lexington Red Sauce: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1634708
(the recipe looks really hard. I don't grill it. I rub it with half the rub, let it sit overnight, rub the other half, dump the sauce on, and put it in the crockpot. Then I make the second sauce for the side.)
Antipasto Salsa: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=344009
Maple-Pear Upside Down Cake: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223081
Crispy Butternut Wontons: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=549973
Broccoli and Cheese Soup:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=231619
V-DUB!
Thank you SO much for the suggestions and they all sound so good just by their names! I appreciate you leaving the info here. Butternut Wontons? Whoa, that just sounds yummy.
Hope you are well!
Feel better! I hate it when going to the doctor's office doesn't really yield any answers. Glad to read that it seems like you're on the road to recovery!
Heart!
Hope you are feeling better! I can't wait to see your recipes...need a little inspiration around here.
Here's a good, and easy(!), tortilla soup from my other blog:
http://twocurlytops.blogspot.com/2007/03/tortilla-soup-chips.html
Oh, and this tuna bruschetta was really good, too!
http://twocurlytops.blogspot.com/2008/07/tuna-bruschetta.html
~Bridget
Post a Comment