Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Eats

Well, it was a weekend filled with Corned Beef and Cabbage, my friends. My husband's family is Irish Catholic and we went to my MIL's house for her annual St. Patty's Day festivities. I really look forward to this because it's the one time of year I get to eat delicious corned beef. Every year, I make my own too, so we have leftovers, but it's just never as good as hers. In order to contribute something to the festivities, I made the adorable Green Beer Cookies that Bridget at Bake At 350 posted about last week. They weren't as professional looking as hers but she gave great directions on her blog and I thought they turned out really well for a newbie.

green beer cookies.jpg

They were complimented a lot at the party, which is always nice!

Yesterday, I made my own corned beef and cabbage. One of these years, I will get it right!
_MG_0120.jpg

I used these itty bitty potatoes and they looked so cute!
_MG_0115.jpg

My sister and I have decided to pool our resources and go in together on a bunch of vegetable plants. We'll divvy them up between us and reap the benefits of fresh food. Also, I think I'm going to join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). You pay a weekly fee to a local farm and every week they give you your share of freshly harvested produce. I'm excited about that!

I think as far as weekend eats go, I'm not going to post. It's hard to keep up two blogs, period, but the weekends are extra crazy. I will try and give a summary on Mondays though.

Come back tomorrow to see how today's eats go!

Happy St. Patty's Day everybody!!!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay, yay! They are beautiful!

Our corned beef and cabbage is cooking away. :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Mama Podkayne said...

Yum. Until last year I thought corned beef only came in cans, like Spam. Seriously. That's how my family made corned beef and cabbage. Yuck.

Your sounds yummy delicious.