Monday, March 10, 2008

Today's Eats

Whew, I had to dust those words off before putting them in the title bar, it's been so long since I posted that here! Well, today was my fresh start, my clean slate and it seemed like I had gotten off on the right foot. Until I ate those Doritos. And that microwave butter popcorn for lunch. BUt I rallied late in the day and saved myself by having a healthy dinner of rotisserie chicken and my favorite brussel sprouts with bacon and cranberries. Not a stellar first day out but I'm not going to punish myself over it. I've spent the last several weeks eating a bunch of junk and it's so hard to stop it cold turkey.

Here is breakfast:

_MG_9954.jpg
Sean bought some clementines at the grocery store and, while they are blissfully easy to peel, these don't have much flavor. I really prefer the strong, pungent orange.

Lunch was, as I stated above, doritos and microwave butter popcorn. I don't have a photo of that because, as you can imagine, my fingers were covered in Dorito dust and grease from the popcorn butter and I wasn't about to touch my camera with those!

Here is my photo of dinner:

_MG_9980.jpg

It was simple, easy, healthful, and delicious. I think tomorrow I'm going to make some chicken salad out of what's left of the rotisserie chicken. Also, tomorrow, I'm going to throw away the snacky foods so I'm not tempted to eat them!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

I love clementines, too! :) Your new blog header is great!!!

EC said...

Hey Bridget!

Glad you like the new header! Speaking of clementines, I think I may have to have one this morning.

Hope you're doing well!

evie

Mama Podkayne said...

Bad batch of clementines? The ones we get here have way more flavour than oranges!

Anonymous said...

I love your page! I am going to be an avid whimsigal reader. you and beth should drive up sometime to raleigh and we can shop at trader joe's! hope you're feeling better!

EC said...

MamaP, I don't know you could be right about that. We have a lot to go through before we buy another batch but I will be sure to post here if the next batch is more flavorful.

Kinsey!

Girrrrl, I am ALL ABOUT some Trader Joes. Whole Foods, too! I'm so glad you like my page. I'll talk to Beth about coming over there for a shopping excursion.

I am feeling better, too. Yesterday I actually felt nearly 100% better!

Thanks for asking,

evie