God, can you believe how long it's been since I prepared a decent meal for myself? I sure can't and this week, that's all going to change. My recovery hasn't been as quick as I would like but it feels like I'm finally in a place where I can cook something other than the frozen dinners my mom cooked for me weeks ago. They've all been delicious but Sean and I are ready for something different. Today is going to be spent looking through some cookbooks and planning out a tentative menu for the week. I'm still under a "no lifting over 10lbs" restriction so grocery shopping is a challenge but I'm determined to get back to normal this week!
My meals lately have been:
(B) one or two eggs, fried in butter
one slice of all natural, nitrate-free bacon
a cup of tea
(L) sandwich and chips
(D) frozen meal like baked spaghetti, swedish meatballs, greek chicken
rice or potatoes (not with spaghetti!)
salad, green beans, brussel sprouts, or broccoli
Have you tried any dressings by Brianna? I'm totally addicted to Brianna's New American Dressing. If you can find it, try it. It's absolutely delicious.
My weight right now is hovering around 197 and I'd like to see a nice drop in that by the Fourth of July. Since my surgery, my waist size went up two inches and I need to ask my Doc if that's swelling or actual weight gain. Keep your fingers crossed that it's swelling! LOL
Please check back tomorrow night or Tuesday morning for the latest and greatest update. Two more weeks until I get the all-clear from my doctor! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment