Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today's Eats - A little better

This morning I woke up around 9am, still feeling a little tired but ready to start the day with heathful nourishment. Since we were having some new friends over today, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies before eating breakfast, figuring that I would be able to knock them out with no problems. Ummmm. Baking is not really my thing:

_MG_1943.jpg
As you can see, I messed up this batch. There wasn't enough flour apparently but I followed the recipe! So I added more flour to the dough:

_MG_1950.jpg

And then ended up with these:

_MG_1947.jpg

Much better!

Our friends were due to arrive at 1:30 and, since I had goofed up the cookies it took me longer than I thought, so I didn't eat breakfast until noon. We'll call it brunch. It was a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with 2tsp of Hellman's mayo and two slices of Claussen's sandwich pickles. I really love those things! They add a nice crunch to a sandwich.

_MG_1953.jpg

Our friends ended up not being able to come by the way. Oh well!

For dinner, I shared popcorn with Sean at the movies. The kids wanted to go see "Mr. Bean's Holiday" and since hadn't eaten dinner yet, we just shared a popcorn and a drink. Not healthy but when you're at the movies the popcorn is just too hard to resist. I don't have a photo of that, sorry!

I think today was better than yesterday as I encountered some stressful moments yet I didn't yield to the temptation of drowning my stress in junk food. I didn't have the healthiest dinner but at least I didn't go crazy.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Here's me laughing at your cookies!
:)
I'll send Trev over to show you how its done.
heehee

EC said...

Laugh all you want, we sure did!

They turned out really ugly but tasted like toffee. Sort of yummy.

I have made cookies a million times, but on this occasion, I was using the grocery store brand chips and used their recipe on the back of the bag. I think they used too much sugar or not enough flour. Excuses, excuses, I know....

So...when are you sending trev over? The boys have eaten the 10 cookies that turned out okay.

:)

Stephanie said...

I was only teasing.
xo

EC said...

gurrrl, I know that!

:)