Saturday, June 28, 2008

Within POints but eating crap

I don't think the WW points system intended people like me to eat their day's points value in fun-size Baby Ruths. Call me crazy but, I'm thinking they meant for us to eat healthful things like fruits, veggies, and the like. Yesterday began with a container of Stonyfield Whole Milk Strawberry yogurt. Freaking delicious. I just can't eat the low-fat stuff. It tastes like ass. Not that I would actually have any idea what that is like...Moving on. For lunch, I had three ham roll-ups which is basically a slice of ham, a tsp of mayo all rolled up in a lettuce leaf because I'm still avoiding gluten. It was quite good although I think iceberg is a better rolling lettuce than say, romaine. Just my personal opinion on that one. That afternoon, I ate 3 fun-size Baby Ruth's and had 2 Cokes!!! People, I had gone for YEARS without buying Coke at the store but for some reason, this week, I bought them and drank two yesterday. Sheesh!!

Okay y'all. Here is the topper. For dinner we had MCDonalds because I was too lazy to get in the kitchen and cook anything. I pulled myself back a bit and didn't order my usual super-huge ass busting Filet'oFish combo and instead ordered a regular Cheeseburger and small fries. Yes, I know I ate gluten by eating a burger. Amazingly, it didn't bother me so now, I'm thinking I'm just plain crazy. And big. And that's why I feel yucky, because I'm a crazy, big, hypochondriac. Anyway, I only went over my daily points by 1. can you believe that??? Insanity.

This morning, I got on the scale and I'm at an even 200 lbs. It's kind of sad but I was happy to see it on the scale. A few months ago, I was 192. Throw in a hysterectomy and a 6 week recovery and BOOM up to 203. But now, things on are the way back down and that feels good. I really think cutting out gluten products has helped me drop the weight. I'm not cutting it out completely but I am still going to try and create meals that don't include it if I can. Now, we're going out of town on Wednesday so, on the road it's harder to avoid but I will do my best. Also from Wed-Sun you may not see any posts from me because I don't know that I will have access to the internet. No, we're not traveling to some backwoods cabin but since we're visiting family I don't feel right asking to use their computer all the time, just because I need to speak to my people. LOL

Today we slept until 10:30, how glorious is that? Thank god my kids are at an age where they sleep past the crack of dawn and we can all be slackers together on the weekend. Families that sleep together...wait. Eww. Nope, that isn't right. Well, you catch my drift.

1 comment:

S said...

Give yourself credit Evie, that's a whole lot of time to recover lady. :) You're doing fabulous. I think that the cool part about WW is that it allows flexiblity for days when you use up your points on treats. At least that's my humble opinion. :)