Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First Day In

So today was my first day "back". As I said in my post yesterday, I'm trying to stay away from gluten and wheat, which was a bit more of a struggle than I thought but I did it. All I had for breakfast this morning was a small sausage patty I had cooked yesterday. It was a crazy morning as I had to get the boys up and dressed and ready to play gold with my dad at 9:30. That might not sound like much but my boys can SLEEP and my 6 year old is especially hard to wake up. Anyway, by the time they were out the door, I wasn't far behind and on my way to the grocery store. What the hell, people? I planned to spend $60. Yes, I know that was a freaking ridiculous idea to begin with but still! That was my goal. Well, apparently I needed more than I thought and then add $4.99 to my total to buy a pie for the troops on the 4th of July and I spent $152. Good Lord. That was a credit card purchase, let me tell you. Anyway, I digress.

After the grocery store, I met some friends for lunch at a mexican restaurant. I barely ate any of it because we were so busy gabbing so of course I had to come home and eat. Still avoiding gluten, I chose sour cream and onion chips and 1/2 a Cadbury bar. Mmmm. Doesn't that sound healthy? FF to dinner, I prepared baby back ribs in the oven which were to die for. I would have used the grill but it broke while it was on a couple of months ago and the fire dept came and yada yada yada, we can't use it anymore. I had a small green salad with a Ginger dressing and one small new potato roasted in the oven. I only ate four ribs. If you want to know the secret to fall off the bone ribs, it's cooking them for a couple of hours in the oven at 300 degrees, tightly wrapped in aluminum foil. Then top them with your fave BBQ sauce and put them back in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. They are Goooood.

All in all, it wasn't a TERRIBLE day. It could have been better and I used up some of my extra points but I actually do feel like I'm back on track. I'm better prepared and ready to face tomorrow and make healthy choices. Tomorrow will be MUCH different!

No comments: