After an extended absence I'm back to give this thing another shot. The last few months have been busy and stressful but I've found a happy balance and am ready to meet my weight challenges head-on. My current weight is 203. Yikes. Seriously? Did I just type that number? On a 5'3" person, that's substantial. So far, I've been very lucky in that my blood pressure is great and I haven't eaten my way into diabetes. Yet. I'm feeling confused about which approach to eating I should take. It seems that no matter which path I choose to take, I have the uncanny ability to find out how to get fatter on it. I know that's totally my fault and not the diet's.
Two weeks ago, I signed back up with Weight Watchers online and kept up with my journal for two days. Stellar. My plan is to utilize the WW online journaling tool along with whatever mode of eating I settle on.
In regards to may way of eating, I'm still a believer in the Will Clower approach, all things in moderation and I'm only going to add one small change to it. Lately, I've been thinking that I may have an allergy or intolerance for wheat. I don't think I have celiac disease but I do feel yucky when I eat wheat products. For now, I'm going to go gluten/wheat free along with eating healthful whole foods in moderation. For example, at breakfast I will have one egg, a slice of all natural/nitrate free bacon, and some berries. For lunch, a sauteed chicken breast served with brussel sprouts simmered in chicken broth and then a piece of chocolate for an ender. Dinner may be Salmon cooked on the grill, served with one new potato and steamed haricots verts with some fresh fruit for dessert. I'm going to try eating this way for 60 days and see how I feel then. Any weight loss would be an added benefit.
Obviously, another thing I have GOT to do is amp up my activity level. Right now, much of my day is sedentary, sitting in front of the TV or computer. I get up to eat, pee, or do some housework. If you've ever seen my house though, you know I'm slacking on the last one. My goal at first is going to be to get up and move at a brisk pace for 20 minutes a day. Each week, I'm going to add 5-10 minutes, and then also begin adding weight training. We'll see how this goes.
Instead of taking photos of every meal, I'm going to pick one a day and more than likely it will be breakfast or lunch. Mostly because the lighting in my house is terrible and I hate the way pictures look when I take them indoors at night.
So, that's where I am for now. I'm still here and still heavy. Care to watch me wander down the long, slow, road to weight loss success? 'Cause that's where I'm heading. I'm tired of being tired, tired of not feeling cute, tired of not wanting my picture taken with my family. Something in my life has got to change and I'm the only one who can do that.
I hope someone out there is reading and I hope you will accompany me on this journey!
4 comments:
You know, for the housework- try teh Happy Slob thing and pick out some great music and boogie while you clean. That way you kill two birds with one stone. :)
I have to fix my eating too. I did awesome while pregnant BUT the last three weeks have been lots of ice cream and chocolate and soda/juice and skipping meals. Not good.
Here I am, wandering with you! Throughout the day I've found myself wondering if WW sells a human-sized hamster bubble so I can get through the day without having to smell the delicious salty aroma of french fries that my co-workers are eating. Feh.
Remember that awful boot camp I wrote about? The one helpful piece of advice that came out of it was that it takes 30 days to form a habit (30 seconds if you're fond of crack.) We can totally get through the next month and make the healthy habits stick!
MamaP:
I did that today!! I have been eating chocolate though and think that, as dirty as my house is, there isn't enough housework for me to work all that off in one day.
Jennifer, you should have gone to the grocery store with me then perhaps you could have stopped me from buying those two Cadbury bars. Oh yeah and I ate half of one already today. LOL
Can I put in an order for one of those human-sized hamster bubbles, too?
Man, I'm so glad you're here! :)
Hey Evie, just a 'you go grrrl' from me! I think that's why I'm blogging less (and reading blogs less) - I love to be more active in the summer months when I can be outside. I ride my bike almost every morning and it firms me up like nothing else does. And, I get fresh air, I can see a different bit of countryside every day, I can watch the changing wildflowers... running bites, me thinks, and walking is just too.. too... slow for me, I guess. I like to pack a punch with my exercise.
Ok, I ramble. Anyhoo, I'm here to cheer you on!
Post a Comment