Yes, now I circle the world wide web looking for new and delicious recipes to try. Especially since the holidays are right around the corner, I want to experiment and try some new things. The holidays always find me mired down in the regulars but this year, I'm going to step out of the box and try something new. If you know of any websites that have some wonderful things I might try, please feel free to leave a link here. I just don't want Green Bean Casserole this year. GASP!!! Did those words actually just escape my fingertips?? Blasphemy, I tell you. Long has GBC been one of my favorite foods, indeed I am known in my family for making it better than anyone else. A strange feat considering the ingredients but HEY! I'm going to take the accolades however I can get them, okay?
Somethings for which I'd like recipes are:
- different way to prepare sweet potatoes, my new love
- brussels sprouts
- stuffing (I use my mom's cornbread dressing recipe which is to die for but want to try something else)
- zucchini, squash, broccoli, or cauliflower
7 comments:
I have some yummy recipes. If any of these sound good, I'll send you the recipes. Cherry & Sausage stuffing, Hash brown casserole, sweet potato casserole, banana split cake and Pumpkin Gooey Cake. We love all of these! Now I am hungry for the holidays to get here.
jill, all of those sound delicious! Can I have all of them or is that just beyond gluttinous? LOL
I made a stuffing with pomegranate a couple of years ago. I loosely based it on something from Martha, but I didn't write it down so I don't really know what the recipe is.
That same year, I made a Pumpkin Gooey Cake by Paula Deen. That thing was the most sinful thing I think I have ever had pass through my lips.
I wouldn't mind having that hash brown casserole that Jill mentioned up there too!
Good for you girl! Step out of your comfort zone. You will be so glad you did. Even the thought of green bean casserole makes me want to gag a little. There are so many different things out there! How about a butternut squash soup? Or even fresh green beans with butter and garlic? I'll be posting my holiday plans on my site closer to Thanksgiving but there is so much out there that I know you'll have no trouble finding something. Good luck!
P.S. I think I also am "sharking" on the internet. It's healthier physically and you need something to fill the void once filled by food. In French Women Don't Get Fat, the author calls these things your "en cas". Your "in case" of emergency things. So now instead of mindlessly eating, I spend my time really planning and thinking and blogging and taking pictures of and enjoying my food so much more than before, and in the process, eating less. Don't feel guilty about your internet "sharking". You're doing great.
I just got the best magazine last night which I will be getting a subscription to. Food Network is now putting out a their own zine and the first issue is full of wonderful holiday recipes. I know what you mean about wanting something new for the holidays. For Thanksgiving, I'm making spinach gratin and pineapple upside down pumpkin gingerbread. I needed something other than regular old pumpkin pie. You should take a look at this mag though. Lots of yummy side dishes to try.
I have found some great cook from scratch recipes at www.recipezaar.com. There are lots of soup-can-to-casserole recipes to sort through, but Recipezaar is my go-to site for great ideas.
I wish you well on your journey. I have struggled with my weight all my life... and I love, love, love your sharking analogy... it's perfect!
Post a Comment