Monday, August 25, 2008

That Time of Year

Around this time of year, summer begins to drag on for me. Maybe it's because I live in the South where summer tends to last until Halloween but whatever it is, I'm ready for Fall. Fall is my absolute most favorite season of the year. The changing leaves, fall festivals, candied apples, roasted chicken, pipin' hot bowls of soup, and the list goes on. All I can think about are the glorious meals that I can prepare once it's not 94 degrees outside anymore and I get more excited about that than Christmas! LOL

Sorry I missed a few posts lately. In my other life, I'm an aspiring photographer and am trying to get my business up and running. Right now, my brain has been on overdrive trying to deal with all the mundane details required to get a business started. It's pretty insane actually. I feel like I'm going 'round in circles with it and I'll be glad when it's complete!

This week, the boys and I are getting back to planning our menu. Grocery shopping is just useless these days without a plan and we can't afford to be planless! Tonight for example, I had to throw away $18 worth of FILET MIGNON because I didn't cook it in time and it turned doo doo brown. You cannot imagine my dismay and horror when I pulled those things out of the fridge. All day long I had been dreaming of preparing those gorgeous little beauties but instead, I ended up having a potato and a piece of chicken. It was good but it wasn't FILET MIGNON. Okay? So we can afford anymore instances like that and it's back to the menus for us with the boys choosing 4 nights worth of eats and me choosing the other 3. It worked out well in the first week and they actually have requested that we do it again.

Look for a menu post from me on Wednesday! Hope you're doing well!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I am right there with ya on the "fall in the south" situation!!! I'd love some more sweater weather!