Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Today's Eats

Woke up this mornin' and had a hankerin' for some biscuits. Hot, soft, fluffy biscuits. My mom used to make homemade biscuits every weekend when we were little and I would pile mine up with butter and cherry jelly. Cherry is still my favorite today. So when I was roaming around a website called www.pinchmysalt.com and saw a recipe for buttermilk biscuits, I knew then that a plate of these were in my future. My very near future. So, am I repeating myself too much when I say that baking isn't my thing? Baking and my laissez-faire attitude just don't mix because baking requires precision and many times I just don't have the patience for that. The biscuits turned out great it's just that I added too much buttermilk to the dough so they were too sticky to roll and cut out so I had to make drop biscuits. It didn't affect the flavor at all though. Check this out:

Biscuits from Pinchmysalt.com

I'm going to be honest. I had two of these lovelies because it had been a long, long time since I'd had a homemade biscuit that was any good, and these were GOOD. The biscuits along with a small glass of creamery fresh whole milk held me over until 3:00 today.

Lunch was light. I decided to have a salad and topped it with some black beans, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream mixed together with some salt and cumin. Along with that I fixed myself some more of the olive cheese bread but I fixed it on rounds instead of the loaf halves. It was really good!

Mexican Salad and Cheese Toast

Here is the salad.

Olive Cheese Toast

Here are the toasts.

I think for dinner tonight we're going to have breakfast: eggs, sausage, and biscuits. Sean will be home shortly and I'll be sure to update after we eat!

DINNER

I'm embarrassed to post this picture because it's terrible but it's a record of dinner so it's going on here anyway:

_MG_3976.jpg

It's a biscuit with a tiny bit of butter, a fresh sausage patty, and a scrambled egg. It was a good dinner just not exciting! Sometimes breakfast for dinner is soooo good! Just overlook the really dark part on top of the biscuit. My oven cooks really hot and I forgot to check on them. LOL

See you tomorrow. Have a great night!

2 comments:

S said...

The salad looks so wonderful! I'm a sucker for anything with black beans. :)

EC said...

Hey Sheri!

It was pretty good, and easy. I love things that are easy to fix!

Evie